Saturday, September 26, 2015

Nocturne in G Major


(February 2, 1993)  This piece was practically written at one sitting, with the fair copy completed in the next day or so.  This began a little "creative spurt" which resulted in my writing "Reverie" and "On Your Toes" (unpublished), as well as "Solitude", "Passacaglia", and "Improvisation".  It was first performed by student Michelle Greene.  The "first version" was in 3/4 time, and I later recast it in 6/8 to make the phrasing more apparent.  This revised version is dedicated to my former student Erin Willoughby, who now practices law in Atlanta.

It has been a favorite of mine for years, and I have played it many times at weddings, social gatherings, and in church services.  I was surprised to realize that it took me until 2015 to make a video.








No comments:

Post a Comment