Thursday, August 20, 2015

Seaside


(March 18, 1996) This originated as a sketch for flute and piano, and has been played in that form. Tiffany Oliver Cole gave the first performance in a piano competition at Gordon College in Georgia. (The judges disqualified her; they didn't think the piece was classical, but she returned the next year and WON.  You can read our common story here.) Her first public performance of "Seaside" was as her farewell performance as Miss Troup Teen 1995.

It is a favorite of mine - a little more difficult than most of my output, and possibly unique in my output.  To this date I haven't written anything else in a similar style.


Here it is performed by my friend Andrys Basten.  The pictures used were taken on a trip to Pawley's Island, South Carolina, in August of 2014 with my friend Van Martin.




No comments:

Post a Comment